The 5 Benefits of Barre Classes That Will Keep you Coming Back
- Strength and definition. When you work your thighs in a barre class, you target that muscle group from all angles.
- Endurance. Each barre class includes different types of movements, but most are known for their use of isometric contractions and small isotonic movements.
- Flexibility. You don’t need to be flexible to practice barre, but the amount of stretching in each class can help improve your overall range of motion and reduce your risk of injury.
- Posture. Core muscles are engaged throughout the entire class, and they can be used for the primary focus of an exercise or for stability as you perform a move that targets your thighs or butt.
- Mind-body connection. Barre classes challenge you to not only go through the motions of the workout but to focus your thoughts on each and every tiny muscle you are working.