2013 is here! With each New Year, close to 45% of us will be setting resolutions, yet only 8% will be successful in sticking to them. Every January we vow to lose weight, save more money, or get the job of our dreams. Each month passes by and we find ourselves in December wondering why these goals never came into fruition.
Why is this success rate so low? Are our goals too lofty? Did we get too busy? Or simply, are we fearful of taking that first leap of faith to making it happen? There are many factors behind not being part of the 8%, but that really doesn’t matter. What matters is the how. How today will be different and how you will create a plan to stick to whatever it is you want to accomplish in 2013.
Here are a few tips on getting what you want in 2013:
1. Establish the “why” behind what you want to accomplish. This is the motivation that will keep you going.
2. Write it down. We attract what we give our energy to. Writing down your resolutions and being very clear on what it is you want is the first step in putting your goals into action.
3. Start small. Making a big goal is great, but establishing the smaller steps to making it happen is what is going to help you stay on your path.
4. Stay positive. This may sound a bit cliché, but it is essential to getting what you want.
5. If your goal is to increase your fitness – GRGT! See more below.
For those of you who have set your 2013 resolutions to lose weight, get in better shape, or just plain feel better, Maiden Lane Studios is launching our GRGT 6-Week Pilates Bootcamp program from January 28th through March 9th.
The Bootcamp incorporates weekly GRGT Circuit Classes, where you get the benefits of Pilates with the results of high-intensity interval training (HIIT). Research has shown HIIT is a more efficient method than steady-paced exercise for burning fat, building a healthier heart, toning muscles, and increasing metabolism.
Along with other fabulous perks for Bootcamp participants, an added component of this program is motivational support to help you stick to your goals. Whether it be losing inches, or just making it to all of your classes I will be there to help you along the way & keep you accountable with a guided program. Weekly emails, supportive advice, and face-to-face time in the studio will be utilized to help you accomplish your fitness goals.
I am committing myself to help you make 2013 your best year yet! GRGT!
Senior Pilates and Booty Barre® Instructor
Maiden Lane Studios