Pilates is based on movement from the center of the body, as are most shots in golf. It strengthens the center of the body, also known as the core (the trunk, shoulder girdles and pelvis). Core strength can improve hip rotation, range of motion in the shoulders and back stability leading to more powerful and accurate golf shots. It is also a full body exercise that works all muscles and is easy on the joints. The end result is a flexible, symmetrically muscled body that is strengthened from the inside out.
Pilates helps you:
- Build up the back muscles evenly
- Elongate and align the spine for better stability
- Strengthen the abdominals
- Increase overall flexibility, strength, and balance
- Increase range of motion in hips and shoulders
- Enhance concentration through focused breathing