Yoga for Lower Back Pain
A few yoga poses to help get you started
- Big Toe Pose (Padangusthasana): Lengthen your back by gently stretching and strengthening those difficult hamstrings.
- Cat (Marjaryasana) & Cow Poses (Bitilasana): These poses help warm up the spine and provide a gentle massage to the belly organs
- Downward-Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana): This stalwart of a yoga pose offers the ultimate all-over stretch.
- Extended Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana): This mix of Child’s Pose and Downward Facing Dog helps lengthen the spine.
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana): Working the supporting muscles of the arms and legs, this pose also stimulates the hear and diaphragm.